Thursday, April 2, 2009

Cheers!


I generally make it a rule to not drink during the day. Mind you, I stay hydrated with lots of coffee and chugs of water throughout my life. However, I don't find it appropriate to drink at home during daylight hours or if my kids are awake or by myself.

Today I break all the rules.

After a great morning then a high stress afternoon of Owen telling me how he doesn't want me to be his Mom anymore and he only wants his Lola (my Mom). And Ella quietly crumbled a piece of bread into a million little pieces, chewed them, spit them into a bowl and then dumped it on the couch and smooshed it in rather nice.

They are both sleeping - or possibly getting in to silent trouble in their rooms. So, I have taken it upon myself to bust open the wine cube and try it out. It's white Sangria and it has blueberries and pineapples floating in it. It is oh-so-delicious. Nick is laughing at me and the kids are asleep. There is peace and quiet here and....

I typed to soon. I hear a girly voice saying "Mama?"

I've learned my lesson with drinking during the day: Next time, drink faster!

1 comment:

A Fuller Day said...

I love it! I wish I had a box in my fridge :) Way to keep it real.